About Merthyr Farm .......
Merthyr is a 350 acre improved hill farm that has been in the Roberts’ family since
1926. The current farmhouse was built in the 1700’s and there is evidence of an earlier
dwelling just below the cow shed. However, the archaeology in the immediate area,
in the form of standing stones, hut circles, ring cairns and stone circles, points
to there having been occupation here for much, much longer. The modern translation
of the name ‘Merthyr’ is ‘martyr’ but a traditional translation is ‘resting place
of the saint’ as in Merthyr Tydfil,-
The land is mainly to grass with a herd of 30 pedigree Welsh Black cows and a flock
of 480 breeding ewes -
Farming is undergoing significant changes and over the past 30 years we have been involved in an increasing number of environmental schemes that reduce the impact of farming on the environment, preserve the beauty of Snowdonia plus improve and increase habitats for wildlife. Thousands of square metres of stone walls have been restored (mainly by Bryn) and new hedgerows planted to create wildlife corridors.
Moss, the handsome, intelligent looking chap on the left -
Merthyr Farm Campsite
Harlech, Gwynedd, Wales, LL46 2TP
Enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
Call or text 07779579225, or call 01766 780897